MINING AND NATURAL RESOURCES
We regularly act for public and privately-held corporations engaged in all aspects of the mining cycle, from grassroots exploration through development and operation to mine closure and reclamation, as well as in other resource-based industries, including oil and gas and forestry. We have also acted for investment dealers and others in respect of the provision of debt and equity financing to mining and natural resource corporations. The geographical scope of the activities of the clients for which our lawyers have acted is international, involving North America, Africa, Asia, Australia and beyond.
Our mining and natural resource services include:
- registering and maintaining mineral claims;
- negotiating and documenting the establishment of joint ventures;
- drafting and negotiating agreements for the acquisition and disposition of mineral property interests;
- drafting and negotiating off-take and royalty agreements;
- drafting and negotiating mineral prospecting and exploration agreements;
- equity and debt financing, including flow-through financing;
- advising with respect to compliance with National Instrument 43-101;
- acquisition and sale of oil and gas interests;
- negotiating with governments, both domestic and foreign; and
- dealing with aboriginal interests and issues.